The secret to a great coffee table = unique, diverse, and entertaining literature! No matter what, having interesting reading options will benefit any situation…whether you’re enjoying some personal lounge time, or a few guests need a little something to spur on the conversation. It’s also a wonderful way to highlight who you are, and the types of books you might want to share with your friends and family.
The key is to have a little something from multiple genres. This way, no matter who finds themselves sitting in front of your coffee table, he or she will have no problem amusing themselves, or finding something to help spark up a conversation. A large book with exquisite imagery is always a good option for your coffee table. Not only will it most likely come with a beautiful cover, but it will also provide onlookers with a brief respite from the day… an effortless journey to somewhere drop-dead gorgeous. Here are 10 different categories of books, and suggestions for each. Have fun with this and don’t be afraid to go outside of your usual library!
1. Something beautiful:
- We suggest: National Geographic Stunning Photographs
2. Something funny:
- No day would be complete without laughter.
- We suggest Bossy Pants by Tina Fey
3. Something informative:
- We suggest A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
4. Something profound:
- We suggest Man’s Search for Meaning
5. Something impressing:
- We suggest: Skyscrapers by Judith Dupre
6. Something factual:
- We suggest: The New Book of Lists: The Original Compendium of Curious Information by David Wallechinsky
7. Something weird:
- We suggest: Funny and Weird Facts: 600 Interesting Facts You Never Knew by Arthur Joyce
8. Something cute:
- Unlikely Friendships: 47 Remarkable Stories from the Animal Kingdom
9. Something motivating:
- We suggest: 365 Most Prolific Motivating Quotes by Kevin H.
10. Something to put life into perspective:
- We suggest: A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen